Mig Welding 101
In this single-session, two-hour course you will learn the very basics of Mig welding and Leave with a project of their choice
What to expect
- Introduction to the shop, safety rules, discussing goals, and tools
- Demonstration of welding techniques and tools
- Working 1-1 to understand and do the basics
- Welding your project
- Breaks may be taken as needed
What to Bring and Wear
- Natural fiber clothes (100% cotton, wool, linen, silk) that can get dirty.
- Closed-toe shoes, preferably leather boots or canvas shoes that can get dirty
- Safety glasses If you wear glasses, consider picking up some safety glasses that are designed to go over your glasses. Safety glasses are required in the shop.
- Earplugs or Earmuffs Please protect your hearing; long exposure to loud noises can cause hearing loss.
- Water, Welding will make you thirsty!
- Snack working in the shop uses up a lot of energy, please bring a snack or two
*Students must demonstrate excellent listening, attention, and fine motor skills before working with hot metal.
*Ages 10-13 must have a guardian present
*All participants will need to sign a Release of Liability form prior to class
SELECT BOOK NOW TO PICK YOUR TIME AND DATE
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions